Friday, February 10, 2012

Reality vs Perception

My perception is that I'm doing reasonably okay with my food choices.  I do overindulge but it wasn't on bad foods - it would be on fruit and yogurt or cucumber with fat free dressing.  So my perception is that I'm making better choices and therefore should see results.  The reality is that the scale reflects my choices... I blame it on high salt intake (though I do wash canned vegetables) but I have been indulging in tortilla chips and hummus over the past few days - that I didn't count.... I just kept eating. 

I need my perceptions to better reflect reality so that I am not stuck between the perception that I'm doing the right things and failing and the reality that I'm not really doing the right things and therefore should fail.

This is the one area in my life I can't control.  I need to start going to meetings (since I'm paying for it and all.)  Maybe even overeaters' anonymous?  How did I wind up this way?  Is there a way to help my future children avoid this frustration/fate?