So this week didn't go exactly as I wanted it to which is funny since I did it to myself. To procrastinate my work (Why do I procrastinate?), I sat on the couch and ate and ate and watched TV.
As a child, we ate at the dinner table when I was younger, but then later on we started eating in separate rooms while watching TV. My fiance and I have this habit, too, of eating in front of the TV. When I'm by myself, this definitely leads to mindless eating. I also keep eating because "I'm still finishing my meal so of course I can finish watching this show...and the next show....and the next show."
Each time I eat mindlessly I'm harming my body, contributing to factors that will shorten my life.
On the positive side, I did make it to the gym for 4 classes last week. I'm hoping for 5 this week but I give into my depression and talk myself out of going.